FAQs – Coconut Chips
To be certified organic the food must…
– Contain NO GMO’s! What’s a GMO you ask? It stands for Genetically Modified Organism. We could really go on all day about why we do not want them in our products, and especially do not want to feed them to our wonderful customers. To learn more about GMO’s, see our FAQ “What is a GMO?”
– Be grown and harvested in a safe and sustainable manner, with NO artificial fertilizers, NO artificial pesticides and NO irradiation!
– Contain NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives!
Why else should you choose organic?
– Organic agriculture preserves natural resources and biodiversity.
– It supports animal health and welfare (for meat products, certified organic means they have not be subjected to growth hormones or harmful antibiotics).
– Organic foods have been shown to have better nutritional value than conventionally grown food.
These coconut chips deliver beneficial fats and fiber. Coconuts have Medium Chain Triglycerides, or MCT, as well as Lauric Acid. Lastly, coconuts are a prebiotic and have iron!