FAQs – Super Bar
To be certified organic the food must…
– Contain NO GMO’s! What’s a GMO you ask? It stands for Genetically Modified Organism. We could really go on all day about why we do not want them in our products, and especially do not want to feed them to our wonderful customers. To learn more about GMO’s, see our FAQ “What is a GMO?”
– Be grown and harvested in a safe and sustainable manner, with NO artificial fertilizers, NO artificial pesticides and NO irradiation!
– Contain NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives!
Why else should you choose organic?
– Organic agriculture preserves natural resources and biodiversity.
– It supports animal health and welfare (for meat products, certified organic means they have not be subjected to growth hormones or harmful antibiotics).
– Organic foods have been shown to have better nutritional value than conventionally grown food.
There has also been talk of agave being higher in fructose than other sweeteners. This is true. Similarly, there is a significant amount of fructose in organic honey and cane sugar, as well as dried fruit. Sucrose is made up of half glucose and half fructose. Most people eat too much sugar and are therefore getting large doses of fructose as well. BōKU® doesn’t recommend people eating large amounts of concentrated sweeteners on a regular basis and the bar is well balanced. The BõKU® Bar was purposely formulated to be sweet, but not overly so, like many other bars in the market. The BōKU® Bar is a super nutritious addition to a diet ideally high in organic fruits and vegetables.
The BōKU® Bar™ is filled with the finest Organic certified, super foods from around the world. This was a true labor of love. No expense was spared in preparing and offering the BōKU® Bar™. It is Organic/Vegan/Kosher Certified. The BōKU® Bar™ is also Gluten-free, Wheat-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Low Sodium, and Non-GMO.