FAQs – Super Food
To be certified organic the food must…
– Contain NO GMO’s! What’s a GMO you ask? It stands for Genetically Modified Organism. We could really go on all day about why we do not want them in our products, and especially do not want to feed them to our wonderful customers. To learn more about GMO’s, see our FAQ “What is a GMO?”
– Be grown and harvested in a safe and sustainable manner, with NO artificial fertilizers, NO artificial pesticides and NO irradiation!
– Contain NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives!
Why else should you choose organic?
– Organic agriculture preserves natural resources and biodiversity.
– It supports animal health and welfare (for meat products, certified organic means they have not be subjected to growth hormones or harmful antibiotics).
– Organic foods have been shown to have better nutritional value than conventionally grown food.
Phytonutrients are severely lacking in the diet of most Americans. BoKU is able to offer generous amounts of phytonutrients, because they are loaded in whole Organic foods. Each of the categories in BōKU® Super Food, provide their own unique life-giving phytonutrients from Organic Greens, Sprouts, Fruit, Mushrooms, Maca, etc.
Most companies that show a large amount of “traditional” nutrients in a small serving of powder, are doing this by adding man-made nutrients to their product to “spike” the Nutrition Panel, and make their numbers look large. BōKU® has chosen to only use the purest Organic foods in their natural state, and optimally dried.
– Dr. BJ Adrezin, Master Formulator of BōKU® Super Food
The mushrooms in BōKU® Super Táke have numerous properties that help to promote well being by delivering “super-adaptors,” prebiotics and antioxidants. In fact, the power of these mighty mushrooms is so great that we cannot legally disclose it on our site. Although we cannot publish why exactly we love them, there have been many published studies on the benefits of consuming functional super mushrooms. We encourage you to do a little internet research of your own to learn about their amazing uses and history!
We specifically choose the probiotic L. Sporogenes to include in BõKU® Super Food because it is very stable at room temperature. It is one of the few probiotics that come in the form of spores. This means that it is totally inactive until it is taken into the body. When L. Sporogenes reaches the ideal growing environment of the small intestine, the spores activate and start to reproduce. They then form colonies and give all the benefits of these “good” bacteria.
The reality is, organic raw ingredients are not mass produced. We had to sell the idea to farms and suppliers that by working together in this mission to provide precious ingredients at a lower price, their investment will pay off in the long term.
Our 9.4oz pouch contains about 30 servings
Our 28.2oz ounce pouch contains about 90 servings