FAQs – Super Protein BōKU® In The Buff
To be certified organic the food must…
– Contain NO GMO’s! What’s a GMO you ask? It stands for Genetically Modified Organism. We could really go on all day about why we do not want them in our products, and especially do not want to feed them to our wonderful customers. To learn more about GMO’s, see our FAQ “What is a GMO?”
– Be grown and harvested in a safe and sustainable manner, with NO artificial fertilizers, NO artificial pesticides and NO irradiation!
– Contain NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives!
Why else should you choose organic?
– Organic agriculture preserves natural resources and biodiversity.
– It supports animal health and welfare (for meat products, certified organic means they have not be subjected to growth hormones or harmful antibiotics).
– Organic foods have been shown to have better nutritional value than conventionally grown food.
We reached out to our supplier of Sacha Inchi seeds to get their take on the sustainability of these amazing little seeds. Lead research scientist and Ph.D comments saying:
“Sacha Inchi is a native crop of Peru that has thousands of years of historical use. Most Sacha Inchi is grown in remote regions by hard working farmers on small family lots using traditional farming methods. Such traditional methods rely on the art and knowledge of the farmer and organically maximizing the attributes of the land and crop rather than on technology and machinery. This creates a sustainable relationship throughout the process; supporting the farmer, growing an increasingly important crop, and leading to the production of top quality protein powders and roasted snacks.”
All in all, we can say to you with great conviction that YES, sacha inchi is a completely sustainable and renewable resource coming straight from the best mother their ever was…Mother Nature!