They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. If that is true, we can only image what this nutrition packed apple can do! Cinnamon, which has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years, contributes to a dessert-like taste as well as providing antioxidants. Super Fuel plays a wonderful role in this recipe by delivering a chocolatey taste derived from organic fair trade cocoa. But it doesn’t stop at just taste, Super Fuel also provides super adaptors such as cordyceps, reishi and marshmallow root, all known to be beneficial for optimal vitality and resilience. This recipe is truly delicious and makes the perfect dessert or even healthy a snack.
Not what you were thinking...?
- 2 Apples (Gala apples work well, but choose a local variety if available)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Pecans & Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds, ground
- 1 tbsp Boku Super Fuel
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Halve the apples and remove the core, keeping a “boat shape.”
- Place the apple halves on the lined baking pan and sprinkle each half with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pack each half with one quarter of the oat mixture.
- Bake in pre-heated over for 30 to 40 minutes or until apple is tender.
- Allow to cool for five minutes before serving and enjoy!