Sittin’ around eating bonbons never tasted so good (or packed such a nutritious punch!). Try this sweet, coconut covered, delectable chocolate treat and feel good about your choice while you indulge.
Not what you were thinking...?
- 15 count Medjool Dates, pitted
- 2 cups Raw, Unsalted Macademia Nuts
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup BõKU® Super Food
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Candied Ginger (or Dried Apricots or Golden Raisins)
- 12 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, Cocoa Powder or Sesame Seeds for coating
- Process the macadamia nuts with the sea salt until fine in a processor fitted with the steel blade – take care not to process to a paste.
- Add dates and process to combine well. Add cocoa powder, BōKU, cardamom, cinnamon, honey or agave and vanilla. Process until a uniform mixture.
- Add in the ginger and pulse until just combined – nice to leave pieces for texture.
- Turn mixture into a bowl. Form small bonbons (1-2 tablespoons) by squeezing and rolling the mixture between your palms.
- Roll bonbons in the coconut, cocoa or sesame seeds to coat. Bonbons keep well one week refrigerated (great cold!), freeze up to three months.