We originally created this custard over Halloween to provide a ghoulish looking recipe that would be fun for parents and kids to make and enjoy together. We liked how it turned out so much, we decided to bring it into our main collection of Super Food recipes! Brimming with phytonutrients from Super Food and protein from the silken tofu, we hope you will love this delicious custard as much as we do.
Not what you were thinking...?
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder or 1 Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped
- 1/3 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 12 oz. Silken Tofu, room temperature
- 1 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B (sweeten to taste)
- Add the tofu, salt, vanilla bean, cinnamon and melted coconut oil to a blender. Blend on low until smooth.
- Add in 1/4 cup of the sweetener and blend until smooth. Do a taste test and add more sweetener as desired. I added about 1/3 cup total. Blend for another 1-3 minutes on medium to whip some air into the mixture.
- Mix 1 scoop of BõKU Super Food into mixture until fully blended.
- Pour mixture evenly into a bowl.
- Place in the fridge until fully chilled, at least an hour for the richest texture. For a softer, more melted texture you can serve only slightly chilled.
- Sprinkle Boku Super Cacao Nibs on top for Frankenstein’s hair! Enjoy!