First consumed during China’s Tsang dynasty and later brought to Japan by priests and monks, the famous legacy of Matcha Green Tea has been befittingly earned. This hot latte is a modern spin on its royal beginning, when the tea was simply mixed with hot water and sipped out of a hand crafted bowl.
Want to get fancy? Try a little Latte foam art! To make the design pictured, just space out small dollops of frothed milk on top of your matcha mixture. Take the end of a skewer or tip of a thin knife and drag through the dollops, connecting them all on the same line. Need help? Check out this GIF that taught us how.
PS: This antioxidant powerhouse beverage is energy boosting yet calming and focus-enhancing at the same time. This is perfect for studying, concentration, or even meditation.
Need to stock up on your matcha? We offer Organic Fair Trade matcha that has been tested to the highest of standards.
Not what you were thinking...?
- 1 tsp BõKU Super Matcha Green Tea
- 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Combine hot water, matcha powder and pure maple syrup into your favorite coffee cup and mix well.
- Heat the nut-milk over the stovetop OR using a milk frother.
- Pour the hot almond milk into the mug with the matcha mixture and enjoy!
If you feel like getting fancy, we invite you to try some beginner’s latte foam art. To make the design pictured, simply space out small dollops of frothed milk on top of your matcha mixture. Take the end of a skewer or tip of a thin knife and drag through the dollops, connecting them all on the same line.