Adding lavender to a classic Boku Matcha Latte is an unexpected twist you will surely love
Not what you were thinking...?
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Boku Super Matcha
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lavender simple syrup
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (cows, almond, coconut, etc.)
Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 to 8 sprigs fresh lavender OR 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
- Combine the sugar, water, and lavender in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes, turn off heat and let steep for 5 minutes. Optional: strain out lavender before storing.
- Combine Boku Super Matcha powder in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of the water. Whisk with matcha whisk until clumps dissolve and a thick paste forms. Add 2 more tablespoons of water, one at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition to remove any clumps and build a little froth. Pour matcha liquid into serving glass and use remaining water to rinse out the bowl and add to glass.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of lavender syrup and fill the glass with ice. Top with milk of your choice and swirl with a long spoon or straw to mix together. Sip and enjoy!