Lentil Super Soup is a simple, filling, and yummy dish full of beneficial nutrients like fiber, vitamins, protein, and minerals; it’s also low in fat and calories. It’s a healthy and warm complete meal in a bowl, especially when you stir a little BōKU Super Food and Super Shrooms into the pot to make a super soup fit for a super person like you!
Not what you were thinking...?
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 count Medium Celery Stalk, peeled and diced small
- 1 count Medium Carrot, peeled and diced small
- 3 count Medium Garlic Cloves, minced
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 quart Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 15oz count Can Of Diced Tomatoes with their juices
- 1 1/4 cup Lentils (any color except red), rinsed
- 1 count Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar or Sherry Vinegar
- 2 oz. Spinach Leaves (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 scoop BõKU Super Food (1 tablespoon)
- 1 scoop BõKU Super Shrooms (1 teaspoon)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrot, onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with several generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add the broth, tomatoes with their juices, lentils, bay leaf, and thyme and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a simmer, about 15 minutes.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to low and continue simmering, covered, until the lentils and vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes more.
- Taste and season with more salt or pepper as needed, then stir in the vinegar. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. If you prefer a creamier texture, purée half of the soup in a blender and add it back to the pot.The post Lentil Super Soup appeared first on BōKU® Superfood.