Say cheese . . . cake! Raw, vegan cheesecake, that is. This delectable treat replaces the usual cream-cheese filling with cashews, which give it a nutritional punch that your traditional cheesecake cannot claim. RAWsome Strawberry “Cheesecake” also contains antioxidants, heart-protective monounsaturated fats, along with magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc! Don’t forget the topping, a delicious puree of strawberries and BōKU Super Berries, which is also brimming with vitamins and antioxidants. It truly makes this dessert something worth talking about!
1- 9 inch Cheesecake
Not what you were thinking...?
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Almonds
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 cups Coconut Milk
- 2/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Agave Nectar
- 3 cups Raw Cashews, soaked overnight & drained
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 4 tsp BõKU Super Berries
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain. Pulse in a food processor until the dates form a thick paste consistency. Place paste into a bowl. Pour almonds into same food processor paste was in (no need to clean!) and pulse until they are finely chopped. Add the date paste back into the food processor with the almonds and pulse until the mixture blends together to form a ball.
- Press the crust ball firmly and evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch circle pan and place in the freezer while you move on to the filling.
- Combine lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, agave nectar and cashews in a blender. Start on low speed then gradually increase to the highest speed. Blend until it is incredibly smooth, with no chunks of nuts visible! Next, scrape the seeds from your vanilla bean into the blender and blend on a low speed until the seeds have been evenly distributed throughout the filling mixture.
- Pour the filling mixture onto the crust in the pan and return it to the freezer while you make the fruit puree topping.
- In a clean food processor bowl, combine BōKU Super Berries, strawberries and agave nectar until smooth. Pour over the top of the cashew cream layer of the cheesecake, gently evening it over the top of the cake with a spatula.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or until solid. Let thaw 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!