As we’re sure you know, muffins don’t typically have the best reputation for being healthy. We didn’t want to give up these timeless and sweet treats, so we swapped out some ingredients for healthier ones – making this a delicious snack that you can enjoy without the guilt! The healthy fats of coconut oil, fiber of whole wheat flour and antioxidants found in cacao nibs come together to make this muffin truly super!
Not what you were thinking...?
- 4 count Bananas
- 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan with a little bit of coconut or extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine the bananas and the almond milk in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and the baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the banana and almond milk mixture, the rest of the ingredients (except cacao nibs) and whisk. Add the BõKU Cacao Nibs and fold in.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 20 or 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven; make sure to allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely