We put a superfood twist on Mexican street corn, or “elotes”. Serve at your next backyard barbecue and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Yields: 4 servingsdi
Not what you were thinking...?
- 1/4 cup vegenaise
- 1 scoop Boku Super ‘Shrooms
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese, or your favorite crumbled vegan cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, plus more for serving
- 1 count medium clove garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 count ears of shucked corn
- 1 count lime, cut into wedges
- Fire up and prepare grill for grilling.
- While grill heats, combine vegenaise, Boku Super ‘Shrooms, chili powder, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir until fully combined and set aside.
- When grill is hot, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer corn to serving plate and spread with vegenaise mixture to evenly coat corn on all sides. Sprinkle with cheese, chili powder, and cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.