Have your tea and eat it, too! These delicious vegan, organic matcha green tea donuts will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you a boost of antioxidants and energy. The energy from matcha is really special in that the amino acid L-Theanine naturally found in the tea leaves, has a naturally calming effect on the body that helps to balance out the caffeine. Feel great enjoying these benefits in this yummy baked, not fried, treat!
Not what you were thinking...?
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Organic BõKU® Matcha Powder
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Scoop dough into the pre-greased donut pan and bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Begin making your glaze by mixing the icing sugar, Boku Matcha Green Tea powder and almond milk together.
- Once the donuts have cooled, simply dip each donut into the bowl of icing, and set on a cooling rack. Top with sprinkles or organic coconut sprinkles.
Serve at room temperature and store in an airtight container for best results.