Happy Father's Day!
Fathers, grandfathers, fathers-to-be, we honor you. We honor you this weekend for the particular gifts you bring to this planet.
We understand that fathers aren't exactly given a handbook on how to do this whole crazy parenting thing, and we know that it can be challenging no matter how many parenting books you do put the energy into reading. But, for the strength and balance you bring to the household, we honor you. For being great builders of character, we honor you. For teaching the children how to be fun and crack ridiculous dad jokes, we honor you!
In fact, much can be said about fathers (not always completely positive - we are still kind of reeling from 2 generations of "absent father syndrome"), but one of the greatest things that dads brings are bucketloads of a very special brand of humor.
Since laughter is incredibly important for our health, and we make it part of our daily regimen at BoKU, we thank you, fathers, for helping to instill humor into us.
For better of for worse, dads are truly gifted at making jokes that are so cringeworthy, that we can't help but laugh!
To all the papas out there, make sure you slip the following jokes in at the dinner table this Father's Day!
1. "Sorry I burnt the Hawaiian pizza - I should have put it on aloha setting."
2. "I begin to read a horror novel in Braille. Something bad is about to happen, I can feel it."
3. What did the horse say after it tripped? "Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t giddyup!”
4. "I've forgotten all my boomerang jokes, but I'm sure they'll come back to me"
5. "I told my wife she was drawing her eyebrows up a little too high the other day...she looked surprised."
6. "I hate when people knock on your door and tell you you need to get "saved" or you'll "burn." Stupid firemen.
7. "Ironing boards are just surfboards that gave up their dreams and got real jobs."
Well, we hope you had a good laugh, dads - we're sure you did, and that the whole family is slapping their knees right about now.