Savory Super Shrooms & Sweet Potato Pie
Pie Filling Ingredients:
Pie Filling Directions:
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 cups)
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) soften butter
2 tbsp Boku Super Shrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded manchego cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- Small pinch ground nutmeg
Pie Crust Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a vegetable brush, rinse and scrub grit off potatoes.
- Using a baking sheet with parchment paper, roast potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour. They should be soft to the touch.
- While potatoes are baking, roll out prepared butter pie crust dough into a tart pan and parbake for 8 to 12 minutes. Remove and convert to cooling rack.
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce temperature to 350°F, let cool a bit, and remove skins.
- Add potatoes, Boku Super Shrooms powder, butter, cheeses, eggs, and spices into a large bowl. Stir the mixture until smooth and combined. Fill the pie crust with filling. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Note: If your pie edge starts to brown too quickly, place strips of foil over the crust edges.
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour.
- When the mixture resembles sand with lumps, sprinkle half the ice water on top and bring the mass of dough together. The water should only bring the dough together; the shape should be an imperfect ball. If needed, add more water if too loose.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper and press into a ball. Wrap tightly and place in the fridge for an hour. Chilling the dough is a must.
- Lightly flour a surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a 10-inch circle (using a ruler for precision). Quickly transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. Gently press the dough into the pan, cut dough that hangs over the pan, and crimp the edges.
- Reduce oven to 325 F. Parbaking: Line the crust with parchment paper and place ceramic pie weights (or dried beans) on top. Place in oven and let the shell bake for 8 to 12 minutes. Remove and convert to cooling rack.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out dough
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup ice water, divided use