Get festive this Halloween by making our Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers with Super Quinoa. This is the perfect hearty dinner for your little trick-or-treaters with delectable butternut squash, antioxidant-rich Boku Harvest Cranberries, as well as anti-inflammatory Boku Super Shrooms thrown into the mix!
Prep Time: 40 min.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Boku Super Shrooms
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Boku Harvest Cranberries
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
1) Bring a large pot of water to boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, rinse peppers, slice off the tops and hollow out the insides, be sure to remove any seeds and the white part inside. Use a small paring knife to cut out a jack-o-lantern face.
2) When water is boiling, put the peppers and tops in and allow to cook for about 5 minutes until peppers are tender. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
3) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Peel, cut and cube half of a butternut squash. Toss with 1 tbsp avocado oil and salt & pepper. Roast the butternut squash for 25 minutes.
4) While the butternut squash is roasting, cook your quinoa according to package directions. We used half water and half vegetable stock and 1 cup of rinsed white quinoa.
5) Whisk together the olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Boku Super Shrooms, and salt & pepper and pour mixture over cooked quinoa. Toss quinoa with roasted butternut squash and Boku Hartvet Cranberries.
6) Fill each pepper with the mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until pepper is done to desired tenderness. Enjoy!