Our go-to pumpkin soup recipe is full of flavor and superfood nutrition thanks to the addition of our #BokuSuperShrooms.
- 1 large pie pumpkin cut in half, seeds removed
- 4 small pumpkins for bowls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tbsp Boku Super Shrooms
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- toppings: vegan crumbly cheese, hot sauce, parsley, roasted pumpkin seeds
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut your pie pumpkin in half or into fourths and remove the seeds. Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and rub the pumpkin with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2) Roast the pumpkin for 45 minutes, or until the pumpkin is fork tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool five minutes. Grab the pumpkin and add it to a food processor (or mash extremely well) and puree with 1 cup of the vegetable broth, puree until completely smooth.
3) Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the butter and shallots. Saute the shallots until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the thyme and cook another 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin puree, remaining broth, Boku Super Shrooms, coconut milk, water, cayenne, nutmeg, and maple syrup. Bring the soup to a low simmer and simmer 15-20 minutes.
4) To make the roasted pumpkin soup bowls. Remove the tops of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Rub the insides of the pumpkins with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or just until soft to touch but not falling in.
5) To assemble, ladle the soup into your roasted pumpkins and top each bowl with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, a splash of hot sauce, chopped parsley, and crumbled vegan cheese. Enjoy!