Triple Chocolate Vegan Cookies
- 1 cup organic flour or gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Boku Coco Love powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1–2 tbsp dairy-free milk, if needed for mixing batter
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the applesauce, and mix again until incorporated. Add in the flour mixture, and use a rubber spatula to gently fold the dry into the wet.
- Fold in chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, and use a tablespoon or two of dairy-free milk here as needed to fold in the chips until they’re evenly distributed in the dough.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough and roll it into a ball. Place it onto the baking sheet and repeat for the remaining dough, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, then remove from the oven.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Enjoy!