Caliente Cauli Bites with Super Buffalo Shroom Sauce
- 1 count Large Head (about 3 pounds) Cauliflower, stemmed and leaves removed
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Whole Fennel Seed, ground
- 1 tbsp Thai or Red Chili Flake Powder
- 1 tbsp Whole Sichuan Peppercorns, ground and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fine Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp (1 Scoop) BõKU Super Shrooms
- Preheat oven to 450ºF and grease a baking sheet with oil. Meanwhile, place the olive oil a large mixing bowl. When cauliflower is cool enough to handle, start cutting the florets off the head in large pieces; then, slice them in half to make bite-size pieces. (This makes a flat side and larger surface area to coat and brown while cooking.) Toss the cauliflower bites in the oil and set aside.
- To make the coating, in a sauté pan on low heat, add the salt, cumin, ground fennel, ground chili powder, and ground Sichuan peppercorns. Toast spices, stirring continuously, until they become aromatic, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer half the spice mixture to the mixing bowl. Toss lightly with the cauliflower. Taste, and add more of the spice mixture if you like. Then, add the sugar and bread crumbs and toss until all the bites are evenly coated.
- Place the coated cauliflower on the tray, making sure the pieces have space between them. Roast on the middle rack for 15 minutes; then, stir and return them to the oven for another 5 minutes or until you see that the face-down edges are toasted. To keep the flow going, prepare the sauce while they are baking.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, melt your vegan butter in a saucepan and stir in the hot sauce until both are combined. Pour into a serving dish for dipping and stir in the Super Shrooms. Serve with the roasted Caliente Cauli Bites.