Sittin’ around eating bonbons never tasted so good (or packed such a nutritious punch!). Try this sweet, coconut covered, delectable chocolate treat and feel good about your choice while you indulge.
15 count Medjool Dates, pitted
2 cups Raw, Unsalted Macademia Nuts
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup BõKU® Super Food
1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Finely Chopped Candied Ginger (or Dried Apricots or Golden Raisins)
12 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, Cocoa Powder or Sesame Seeds for coating
1. Process the macadamia nuts with the sea salt until fine in a processor fitted with the steel blade – take care not to process to a paste.
2. Add dates and process to combine well. Add cocoa powder, BōKU, cardamom, cinnamon, honey or agave and vanilla. Process until a uniform mixture.
3. Add in the ginger and pulse until just combined – nice to leave pieces for texture.
4. Turn mixture into a bowl. Form small bonbons (1-2 tablespoons) by squeezing and rolling the mixture between your palms.
5. Roll bonbons in the coconut, cocoa or sesame seeds to coat. Bonbons keep well one week refrigerated (great cold!), freeze up to three months.