Skip to content
[[ recipeID=recipe-8lnw97xeq, title=BōKU Bonbons ]]
- 15 Medjool Dats, pitted
- 2 cups Raw, Unsalted Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Boku Super Food
- ¼ tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Finely Chopped Candied Ginger (or Dried Apricots or Golden Raisins)
- ½ cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, Cocoa Powder or Sesame Seeds for coating
- Process the macadamia nuts with the sea salt until fine in a processor fitted with the steel blade – take care not to process to a paste.
- Add dates and process to combine well. Add cocoa powder, BōKU, cardamom, cinnamon, honey or agave and vanilla. Process until a uniform mixture.
- Add in the ginger and pulse until just combined – nice to leave pieces for texture.
- Turn mixture into a bowl. Form small bonbons (1-2 tablespoons) by squeezing and rolling the mixture between your palms.
- Roll bonbons in the coconut, cocoa or sesame seeds to coat. Bonbons keep well one week refrigerated (great cold!), freeze up to three months.